I can barely contain my excitement for this trip! Who's the graduate here? Katie, of course, and she chose England as her Graduation Trip destination. Where else would the Shakespeare scholar and performer want to go? But do not pity Evan and Julia, as intellectually enriching as attending a performance at the Globe, visiting Will's birthplace, and countless museums and historical sites will be, we have plenty of other activities to keep the trip enjoyable for all. For Julia, it's a traditional afternoon tea. For Evan, football (unfortunately dates don't work to see a match in person.) I am a bit of an Anglophile, love Jane Austen, Brontes, Dickens and we all loved reading/watching Harry Potter. Jim and I visited the UK 20 years ago but just London and Edinburg. This time I get to see Bath and the Cotswolds! We'll stay in a Welsh castle and will visit one of the most impressive national parks in the UK. There's a lot that got edited out, Dr. Who sites, the Lake District, Jane Austen's country homes, etc. But you can't do it all. You'll notice that I showed great restraint in not including all of the Austen and Bronte sites but perhaps, if there's time and Jim adapts to UK driving...

- London (1 week)
- Tour Emirates Stadium, home of Arsenal
- Globe tour and show "Measure for Measure"
- Harry Potter Studio Tour
- Hopefully RideLondon (bike event) on Aug 1st!
- Afternoon Tea
- Bath- (1 night) - Jane Austen, Georgette Heyer my go-to escape novelists' locations
- Stonehenge
- Costwolds (3 nights) - Staying in a home built in 1650 in lovely village Bourton-on-the-Water
- Stratford Upon Avon
- Ruthin Castle, Wales (2 nights)
- visit Snowdonia National Park- mountains, seaside- supposed to be amazing!
- Dublin (2 nights)
What we're most looking forward to:
Katie- Everything
Evan- Anything Football (soccer to US fans)
Julia- Afternoon tea and shopping
Sue- Sorry, Jane, but it's the English Ales in local pubs that I anticipate most
Jim- Stonehenge, seeing Katie "blown away", NOT driving on the other side of the road
Hi!So excited for you all! We have enjoyed visiting most of the sites that you are going to be traveling to and we know that awesome adventures await you! Enjoy each special moment!
ReplyDeleteHi!So excited for you all! We have enjoyed visiting most of the sites that you are going to be traveling to and we know that awesome adventures await you! Enjoy each special moment!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your page! Since I am just back from the UK, I will be able to envision your stops along the way. Have a great time and enjoy every minute!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete